Rest in peace
I get a strange feeling 

anytime I get to say the words

Like for some reason 
It's a way to tell the dead 

to go on and figure out where those go 
So we could go on living
I guess that's what it is, isn't it?
Just like Christ said;
Let the dead bury the dead
Hence rest in peace


Like it's our own little way of seeing the dead off to the other side in a supposedly meaningful manner
Such short words yet so strong
Then the days go by and it somehow 

doesn't feel like yesterday anymore 
Doesn't hurt so much as before 
So we slowly forget
To survive 
I know there's really nothing we could do but go on living
I mean it's the very cause of our existence
But I get a strange feeling when I get to say those words
Rest in peace 


Like for some reason that one hand stretched out in farewell to the deceased points a thousand back at me 
Putting me in such big shoes to fill
Asking me if I am aware I'll get to answer where those go


A simple fate 
We just never know when
But I know to be sure to have the world 
See me off in an idea I'll get to figure it out
It'll come to me
How the dead go on living
And the living continue in line 
Rest in peace

Comments

Popular Posts